Innovative from inception in 1883, Alpina was founded by Gottlieb Hauser in Winterthur, who formed the Swiss watchmakers foundation, Union Horolog?re with other independent watchmakers of the region.
Renowned for it’s rigorous dedication to design and quality, this was epitomised by the introduction in 1938 of the ‘Alpina 4’. The number ‘4’ stood for the 4 core principles that each watch in the series had to have – anti-magnetism, water-resistance, anti-shock and stainless steel case.
Fast forward to 2014, and in celebrating it’s 130th Anniversary, these core principles are proudly upheld today in the relentless pursuit of timepieces meeting exacting standards to participate in the most demanding and extreme sporting activities.
The ‘Alpina 4’ Collection has been reintroduced to commemorate this significant anniversary milestone and is coveted by watch enthusiasts, seeking to acquire Alpina’s impressive horoligical heritage.
Alpina watches are developed and assembled at the watchmaking workshop in Plan-Les-Ouates, Geneva, Switzerland and are an ideal fit for Lion Brands leading portfolio of watch brands.